Created by and for healthcare leaders, HFMA’s MAP initiative sets the standard for revenue cycle excellence in the healthcare industry. MAP is a comprehensive strategy that allows organizations to:
- Measure revenue cycle performance using the industry-standard MAP Keys
- Apply evidence-based strategies for improvement
- Perform to the highest standards to improve financial results patient satisfaction
HFMA’s MAP Components include:
The industry standard for measuring revenue cycle performance
A web-based application that helps hospitals, health systems, and affiliated physician practices track data based on the industry-standard metrics (MAP Keys), compare results with customized peer groups, and learn what it takes to improve your performance
Recognizing healthcare organizations that achieve excellence or demonstrate substantial improvement in revenue cycle performance and serve as models for the healthcare industry
HFMA’s annual revenue cycle conference to learn – from industry leaders – what it takes to build your team, extend accountability, and drive high performance in the revenue cycle.
By pointing the way to financial health and honoring those who achieve it, HFMA’s MAP raises standards and accountability for the entire healthcare industry. Be a part of this exciting transformation. Join your peers on the path to revenue cycle excellence.
Download MAP Research Articles
- Mapping Out: Strategies for Improving Value in the Revenue Cycle: Winners of HFMA’s MAP Award for High Performance in Revenue Cycle share seven key practices for improving quality and performance in hospital revenue cycle operations and enhancing the patient experience.
- Research Shows Path to Revenue Cycle Gains Through Effective Benchmarking: HFMA researchers quantify potential for revenue improvement for hospitals that move from median to top-quartile performance in days in accounts receivable (A/R). The research also explores the role of effective peer comparisons and the influence of timeliness of data.
Contact the MAP Team for additional resources.