Is Your Organization Ready for Hospital at Home?
Organizations seeking to adopt innovative care models often need to develop new systems and roles, while overcoming resistance to change. To successfully implement Hospital at Home, you will need to ensure that the conditions are right and that needed resources are readily available.
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Is your health system experiencing problems from a lack of hospital capacity?
- Does your health system have established home health delivery capabilities?
- Do you have physicians with the interest and ability to care for patients in the home environment?
- Does your health system experience a large volume of Medicare admissions for common problems such as community-acquired pneumonia, heart failure, or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease?
- Does your institution view itself as an innovator in developing and implementing new models or systems of care?
If you answered "yes" to one or more of these questions, then Hospital at Home may be appropriate for your organization.
Source: Hospital at Home®, 2012. Reprinted with permission.
Access related article: Promising Innovations for Complex Problems