San Francisco, CA - April 9
The chargemaster not only plays a critical role in generating revenue for hospitals, but also is a valuable tool for internal utilization and development of management reports and overall function of your hospital's compliance program. This seminar gives you the tools and techniques you need to put your internal chargemaster processes in place, and is geared for individuals new to the chargemaster or those who want a better understanding of chargemaster basics.
After this seminar, you'll be able to:
- Recognize definitions and uses of the chargemaster.
- Describe the process of development and maintenance of the chargemaster.
- Identify chargemaster concepts such as APCs, revenue center codes, and data elements used in the chargemaster.
- Identify opportunities in several of the large clinical departments to improve revenue through the chargemaster.
Working knowledge of the chargemaster
Tools and Takeaways
- A step-by-step process for establishing and maintaining an internal chargemaster
Michael Kovar, Partner, Health Care Services Group
Continuing education: 7 CPE credits
What You Need to Know About HFMA's Seminars