Memphis, TN - May 8-9
This seminar covers implications of the cost-reporting process, best practices for the accumulation of data, advanced reimbursement issues, and use of the cost report as a management tool. You will learn to leverage different sources of information to meet the operational and reimbursement needs of your organization, and will have a clear understanding of the changes required by the 2552-10 cost reporting form set.
After this seminar, you'll be able to:
- Describe the revisions made to the 2552-10 cost reporting form set and the impact on your cost reporting processes to ensure compliance.
- Describe current reimbursement issues and Medicare margin analysis.
- Recognize advanced topics such as College of Nursing and other paramedical education programs, related-party transactions, and computation of cost/charge ratios for outlier determinations.
Basic knowledge of the Medicare cost report, such as HFMA's "Medicare Cost Reporting Essentials seminar"
Tools and Takeaways
- Benchmark data and review cost reports for relevance, accuracy, and compliance
- Applicable instructions to ensure correct payment
Mike Nichols, CPA, FHFMA
Partner, Midwest Healthcare Consulting, McGladrey LLP
Chad Krcil, MBA, FHFMA
Director, Healthcare Consulting, McGladrey LLP
J. Scott Gunter, CPA
Manager, Healthcare Consulting, McGladrey LLP
Continuing education: 14 CPE credits
What You Need to Know About HFMA's Seminars