Revenue Cycle Essentials
Chicago, IL — December 10–11
An ideal introduction to the revenue cycle, this seminar offers best practices for maximizing revenue cycle efficiency. Topics include revenue cycle terms, functions and responsibilities; revenue stream techniques from a clinical perspective; contract management and finance; and the risks and responsibilities of information services. Also included is information from the perspective of utilization review and health information management; the nuts and bolts of the chargemaster and compliance; and the Office of Inspector General.
After this seminar, you'll be able to:
- Describe critical revenue cycle processes in pre-service, time-of-service, and post-service, and identify the key players and core relationships that impact these operations.
- Apply benchmarks and KPIs to achieve revenue cycle excellence, including claims processing, payment collection, billing vulnerabilities, and reimbursement challenges.
- Use effective decision making, problem solving, and communications skills with others for process improvement, increased efficiency, and quality outcomes.
Tools and Takeaways
- Glossary of revenue cycle terms
- Comprehensive list of resources, including URLs
- Take-home group exercises
- Action plans
- Payer relations contracting checklist
Claudia Birkenshaw Garabelli, MSA
Director of Revenue Cycle Services, The Rybar Group
Continuing education: 14 CPE credits
What You Need to Know About HFMA's Seminars