San Francisco, CA — April 9–10
Learn to create a strong, coordinated, effective system of productivity and accountability by implementing internal and external benchmarking, including volume and patient mixes, new productivity management rules and procedures, and incentives and consequences. This seminar provides techniques for using commercial spreadsheet-based surveys, charting current operations, and redesigning workflows to realize breakthrough improvements.
After this seminar, you'll be able to:
- Identify sources of comparative best practice information and case studies.
- Develop accurate measures of department workload and identify demonstrated best performance.
- Design a productivity program of standards, policies, procedures, incentives, and consequences to improve cost, quality, throughput, and revenue.
Basic understanding of healthcare finance budgeting and productivity issues.
Tools and Takeaways
- Realistic comparative data and productivity standards
- Operating framework for productivity management and analysis
- Multiple benchmarks for most hospital departments and outpatient clinics
President, Executive Health Information Systems Inc.
Author of Superior Productivity in Health Care Organizations: How to Get It, How to Keep It
Continuing education: 14 CPE credits
What You Need to Know About HFMA's Seminars