Developing a Chargemaster and Charge Capture Strategies in Clinical Departments
Chicago, IL — December 10
This case study approach identifies pricing and charge reconciliation issues in select clinical departments. Identify opportunities to appropriately improve revenue while minimizing compliance risks for these clinical departments: cardiology, emergency room, and laboratory (November 13); radiology, pharmacy (December 10).
General knowledge of the chargemaster and charge capture
After this seminar, you'll be able to:
- Develop an appropriate chargemaster structure and identify key components of the charge capture process in the selected clinical departments
- Reduce denials, more accurately measure value delivered, and develop process improvements
- Address key issues, opportunities, and implementation strategies in chargemaster and charge capture for select clinical departments
- Use sample claims and medical records documentation
Tools and Takeaways
Checklist of revenue enhancement opportunities/compliance risks to investigate; list of practical implementation strategies for identified opportunities
* This seminar also includes a follow-up webinar to support implementation opportunities that seminar attendees have identified at their organizations. The webinar will take place within 90 days of the seminar.
What to bring (optional) Each attendee may bring his or her individual chargemaster (with year-to-date revenue and usage data). Note: You will use your chargemaster
to aid you in understanding the concepts presented. All information can remain confidential.
Partner, Health Care Services Group, WeiserMazars LLP
Continuing education: 7 CPE credits
What You Need to Know About HFMA's Seminars