1. What is HFMA's Peer Review Program?
The Peer Review Program is a way for HFMA members to identify what products/services their peers are using to deliver organizational savings and performance improvements.
2. Does HFMA endorse Peer Reviewed products/services?
Peer Review is not an endorsement by HFMA. The Peer Review process performed by HFMA is simply a means of identifying products and services for members' considerations. HFMA does not compare or rank them against one another and there are no exclusive relationships in a given category.
3. What does the Peer Review process evaluate?
To obtain Peer Reviewed status, all products and services must meet certain criteria. Some of the areas evaluated include:
- Does the product/service add value to the Association, HFMA members and their organizations?
- Is the product/service accurate, effective and easy-to-use?
- Is there superior customer service and technical support provided?
- Is the product/service based on practical industry knowledge and proven experience?
- Does the firm have a solid reputation?
- Is the firm compatible with HFMA's brand and values statements?
4. What are the steps in the Peer Review process?
5. How long does the process take?
The process is dependant on market feedback, so it can vary depending on how fast the market participants respond to the survey questions and demonstrations.
6. What product or service categories does Peer Review focus on?
All categories of products and services that are used in the healthcare finance workplace are currently under consideration.
7. Are there fees required?
There are no application fees to go through a Peer Review study. Once a firm successfully passes all the stages of the process a license agreement is entered into that legally allows for the company to use and promote their status with the Peer Review marks and logos. The license agreement does have a financial fee, which is paid to HFMA, allowing HFMA to support this program.
For more information on the Peer Review Program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.