The Peer Review Process
A prospective company, with a product or service that they would like to have Peer Reviewed, must fill out an application to find out if they are qualified to participate in HFMA's Peer Reviewed program. If qualified, there is an 11-step high-level screening process that they must complete before earning the Peer Review designation.
Peer Review status approval of the product or service and its performance claims are based on the following criteria:
- The product or service has demonstrated that it provides a return on investment; can improve productivity or process effectiveness; meets its promoted benefits; and is accurate, effective and easy-to-use.
- The vendor has demonstrated superior customer service and technical support of the product or service.
- The vendor delivers excellent customer relations to effectively and efficiently resolve customer issues as they relate to the product or service under consideration.
- The product or service is based on practical industry knowledge and proven experience.
- The vendor and the product or service maintain a reputation of integrity in the healthcare field.
After successfully completing the process and earning the designation, vendors may promote their product or service with a "Peer Reviewed by HFMA" mark.
Interested in getting your product or service Peer Reviewed? Request the Peer Review vendor brochure.
If you have questions, review the Peer Review FAQs or call (866) 970-PEER (7337).