Healthcare Compliance: Specific Laws and Regulations
This course presents to management and executives—including compliance officers—details of specific laws and regulations that are pertinent to the overall management of healthcare provider organizations.
"Healthcare Compliance: Specific Laws and Regulations" introduces the primary requirements of the False Claims Act, EMTALA, the Stark Act, and anti-kickback laws and related safe harbors, and also provides information on self-disclosure protocols and penalties.
- Explain what constitutes a false claim.
- Identify the procedure for bringing a qui tam action.
- Describe the criminal statute governing healthcare fraud.
- Discuss the scope and use of the OIG self-disclosure protocol.
- Describe when and how EMTALA would apply in specific situations.
- Explain the basic statutory prohibitions of the Stark laws and regulations.
- Explain why some joint ventures are viewed as questionable in light of the Anti-kickback laws.
- Explain why Anti-kickback safe harbor protection is not available to some joint ventures.
- Identify the security breach notification requirements for covered entities and vendors of personal health records.
- Explain the applicability of the HIPAA security provisions to business associates of covered entities.
HFMA members: $249
- Approximate time to complete: 11 hours
- Preliminary CPE credits: 10
- Designed for: Executives, managers, compliance professionals
- Level: Intermediate
- Instructional method: Self-study
- Format: Online
- NASBA Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge and Applications
- Program prerequisite: None
- Advance preparation: None
- Course availability: One year from start date
Our ironclad guarantee
HFMA stands behind the quality of our programming. If you are not satisfied, we will gladly refund your money or provide you with a credit certificate toward any future HFMA National educational programs or select products. Contact HFMA directly at 3 Westbrook Corporate Center, Suite 600, Westchester, IL 60154, Attn: Professional Development, or call (800) 252-4362, ext. 2. Please provide HFMA with your comments within two weeks of beginning the program.
Healthcare Financial Management Association Educational Foundation is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.