Report Presents Comprehensive Collection of Medicare Savings Ideas
Jan. 30 — A new report provides a comprehensive look at Medicare policy options that could be considered as ways to reduce the federal budget and national debt, as well as the potential implications of these options for Medicare beneficiaries, healthcare providers, and more.
The report, Policy Options to Sustain Medicare for the Future, released Wednesday by the Kaiser Family Foundation, provides a detailed look at Medicare policy options in the following areas:
- Medicare eligibility, beneficiary costs, and program financing
- Medicare payments to providers and plans
- Delivery system reform and care for high-needs beneficiaries
- Medicare program structure
- Medicare program administration, including program integrity
The report also provides estimates of the potential savings that could result if specific policies were enacted, where applicable. The report does not endorse or recommend a specific set of Medicare program changes.
Learn more and read the full report.
Publication Date: Wednesday, January 30, 2013