Medicare’s Proposed Inpatient Prospective Payment System Rule for FY 2014
Larry Goldberg Consulting
National Health Care Policy Advisory, McGladrey LLP
The proposed inpatient prospective payment system (IPPS) rule is expected to contain Medicare’s changes to the FY2014 update that would be effective October 1, 2013. This program is intended to cover the changes being proposed by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
This webinar provides an in-depth look at the details you need in order to prepare your organization for the evolving Medicare program.
After This Webinar, You'll Be Able To:
- Identify and understand FY2014 CMS "documentation and coding" (behavioral offset) modifications, ACA’s productivity adjustments, market basket, and other CMS rationale and the amounts in question.
- Changes to DRGs and their weighting factors, as well as the recurring changes to long-term care DRGs, capital payments, and the outlier threshold.
- Explain changes to the area wage index methodology and what it could mean for your organization.
- Identify the next phase of Medicare’s growing emphasis on quality including the inpatient quality reporting program, value-based purchasing, the readmissions penalty, and hospital-acquired conditions requirements.
- Describe other changes mandated by the ACA.
CFOs, reimbursement directors and managers, controllers, and other senior financial executives, and financial managers of ASCs and physician groups
HFMA members: Free
CPE hours: 1.5
Note: This on-demand webinar is available until June 6, 2014.
Publication Date: Thursday, June 06, 2013