The New Regulatory Environment: What Hospitals May Not Know About Consumer Credit Law
EVP, Chief Compliance Officer
Aequitas Capital Management
Dreher Tomkies Scheiderer LLP
As patients continue to pick up more of the financial responsibility for their healthcare expenses, hospitals are increasingly offering innovative payment options to help patients bridge that financial gap. At the same time, regulatory agencies and plaintiffs’ lawyers are increasingly focused on issues related to consumer accounts, disclosures, servicing, collections, and privacy. As Congress works to protect consumers from unfair credit practices, medical facilities risk being caught in the crossfire. Many providers are exposing themselves to increasing levels of regulation, risk, and potential penalties.
After This Webinar You'll Be Able To:
- Describe the new consumer finance environment and its impact on your hospital’s ability to address patient financial needs.
- Identify what you need to do in order to protect yourself.
- Perform a compliance assessment to identify practices and policies in need of correction.
Tools & Takeaways
- Complimentary white paper, "Consumer Credit Compliance for Healthcare Providers"
- Compliance self-assessment questionnaire
CFOs, revenue cycle VPs, patient financial services directors, and legal counsel for healthcare providers
HFMA members: Free
Note: This on-demand webinar will be available until May 21, 2014.