Chicago — June 4, 2013 – The Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) recently reviewed Precyse's HIM Technology & Service Suite using the Peer Review process. After undergoing the rigorous review, the HIM Technology & Service Suite has been awarded the “Peer Reviewed by HFMA®” designation.
The Precyse HIM Technology & Services Suite includes:
- Transcription—a combination of transcription technology, processes and services accelerates turnaround time, reduces costs, minimizes capital outlay and transforms dictation into meaningful clinical information.
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Services and precyseCDI™—evaluates the physicians' current clinical documentation practices, identifies inefficiencies, and offers strategies for improved clinical documentation.
- Coding—field-tested coding services, either on site or off, delivering code quality and accuracy.
- Coding Audit & Compliance—coding audit and compliance services help identify risk areas and offers specific audit improvements and education for operational improvements and compliance requirements.
- precyseCode™ Computer Assisted Coding—an integrated platform that supports multiple HIM roles across an organization driven by natural language processing (NLP) for embedded intelligence supporting inpatient and outpatient Coding and CDI needs.
- Precyse University—on-site, online, and mobile healthcare education solution that is designed to prepare all impacted healthcare populations for the transition to ICD-10.
- HIM Strategic Sourcing—a solution combining technology and services that can help hospital or physician practice HIM functions optimize their effectiveness and advance their capabilities and functions to successfully operate under a more challenging reimbursement environment.
- HIM Interim Management & Consulting—a professional HIM department director or manager takes responsibility for every challenge, large and small, including monitoring, measuring and reporting on key metrics critical to success.
- Oncology Data Management & Cancer Registry—including backlog abstracting and operational assessments, interim management, consulting, software selection and ACoS pre-survey assessment.
“Precyse is uniquely positioned to help healthcare facilities and providers improve efficiency and deliver tangible outcomes through our advanced, proprietary software and services, and we are very proud to be recognized with the HFMA Peer Review designation,” said Precyse President Chris Powell. “This recognition is a testimony to Precyse’s ongoing commitment to excellence and the exceptional and consistent quality of service provided to our clients.”
HFMA's Peer Review process provides healthcare financial managers with an objective third party evaluation of products and services used in the healthcare workplace. The rigorous, eleven-step process includes a Peer Review panel review comprised of current customers, prospects who have not made a purchase, and industry experts. Peer Review status of the product or service and its performance claims are based on effectiveness, quality and usability, price, value, and customer and technical support.
“HFMA’s Peer Review process provides our membership with the assurance that those who have earned the designation have met a rigorous screening process,” says HFMA President and CEO Joseph J. Fifer, FHFMA, CPA. “The Peer Reviewed designation helps members and others identify and evaluate products and services that their organization may need. It can also create brand awareness and recognition in the healthcare finance marketplace for Peer Reviewed products and services."
The Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) provides the resources healthcare organizations need to achieve sound fiscal health in order to provide excellent patient care. With more than 40,000 members, HFMA is the nation's leading membership organization of healthcare finance executives and leaders. HFMA helps its members achieve results by providing education, analysis, and guidance, and creating practical tools and solutions that optimize financial management. The organization is a respected and innovative thought leader on top trends and challenges facing the healthcare finance industry. From addressing capital access to improved patient care to technology advancement, HFMA is an indispensable resource on healthcare finance issues.
Healthcare Financial Management Association
Precyse provides industry-leading expert services and comprehensive technologies that empower healthcare organizations to most effectively and efficiently capture, organize, secure and analyze clinical data and transform it into actionable information, supporting the delivery of quality patient care and optimizing operating performance. Precyse has enabled nearly 4,000 hospitals and health systems nationwide to improve efficiency and deliver tangible outcomes for more than a decade. With products ranging from an integrated transcription and coding platform with advanced speech recognition, expert workflow technologies and Natural Language Processing to HIM consulting and services, Precyse’s flexible software can be delivered standalone or complemented by a professional staff of more than 1,200 experts. Now more than ever, hospitals and health systems are challenged to achieve meaningful use of the legal health record. Precyse is the partner hospitals across the country choose to achieve this goal. precyse.com
(610) 688-2464 x301