Medicare’s Final Inpatient Prospective Payment System Changes for FY2014
Larry Goldberg Consulting
The final Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) rule contains Medicare's changes to the hospital IPPS FY2014 update that will be effective October 1, 2013. This program will cover the changes adopted by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and examine the details necessary to prepare your organization for the evolving Medicare Program.
After This Webinar You'll Be Able To:
- Identify FY 2014 CMS documentation and coding (behavioral offset) modifications, the Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) productivity adjustments, market basket, and other CMS rationale and amounts in question.
- Understand changes to DRGs and their weighting factors, as well as the recurring changes to long-term care DRGs, capital payments, and the outlier threshold.
- Explain changes to the area wage index methodology and what it could mean for your organization.
- Identify the next phase of Medicare’s growing emphasis on quality including the inpatient quality reporting program, value-based purchasing, the readmissions penalty, and hospital-acquired conditions requirements.
- Describe other changes mandated by the ACA.
- Chief financial officers, reimbursement directors and managers, controllers, and other senior financial executives working in hospitals and health systems.
- Financial managers of ASCs and physician groups should also benefit from the information and discussion.
Field of Study
Specialized Knowledge and Applications
HFMA members: Free
Note: This on-demand webinar is available until Sept. 24, 2014.