From Doug Wismer, 2012-13 Nebraska Chapter President
Note: Calling out specific programs can help readers recall an event that hit the mark for them or help them realize the scope of offerings over the past year.
Did you miss it?
The Annual HFMA Chapter Member Satisfaction Survey was sent to your e-mail address on Monday, October 29th. Your opinion is important to us. We listened to your comments last year regarding education, location of meetings and networking and we responded in these ways:
- Education – Over past year had programs using State, Regional and National speakers (Dick Clark – National HFMA President, Ralph Lawson – National HFMA Chair) on:
- Professional ethics, WPS Medicare update, Medicare provider enrollment, Nebraska Medicaid’s EHR incentive payment program, and physician supervision rules – NHA Annual Meeting (October 2011);
- Revenue Code boot Camp twice (December 2011 and September 2012);
- Leadership, revenue cycle legal issues, ICD-10, hybrid medical records, supply chain, regional CMS update, health insurance exchanges, and collecting self pay accounts – Winter Conference (January 2012);
- HFMA Value Project, health care reform – navigating with physicians, global payments, Blue Cross payer initiatives, and Nebraska Medical Center’s “15 in Three” – Joint Meeting with Iowa and South Dakota Chapters (February 2012);
- Best practices: patient access, working with payers, and world class customer services; charity care and community health needs assessment, people skills, Focus on Value, Medicaid managed care, asset management, Medicaid EHR incentive program, revenue cycle redesign, and patient loyalty – Annual HFMA Meeting (March 2012);
- Superior quality and safety through reform, Medicare Part A and HITECH EHR incentive program, HIPAA 5010, Nebraska Medicaid update, hospital patient experience, and 2012 legislative update – Midyear Meeting (May 2012);
- Studer presentation on Communications and Building Relationships (June 2012);
- HFMA’s Value Project update, business intelligence, The Future CFO, Federal legislative update, Medicare cost report strategies, business ethics, and accounting and auditing update – NHA Annual Meeting (October 2012); and
- Region 8 Webinars on many current, important topics.
- Location of programs – held or will hold events in all parts of the State including Scottsbluff, North Platte, Kearney, Grand Island, York, Lincoln, LaVista, and Omaha; and
- Networking – joint hosted annual golf outing, held four social events to include bowling, casino night, casual dinner, and watching “March Madness,” increased breaks at many meetings to 30 minutes to allow member more interaction, and we are planning some new ways for special interest group interactions at our quarterly meetings.
It is our goal to listen to you and address your needs. Please complete the survey and let us know how we are doing, how we can serve you better, and how we can make your HFMA membership relevant and worthwhile.
Your Nebraska Chapter Leadership Team
Publication Date: Thursday, August 29, 2013