Norwalk Hospital: A Case Study in Using Lean Process Improvement
Administrative Director, Revenue Cycle
Performance Improvement Manager
VP, Revenue Cycle Solutions
Learn how Norwalk Hospital—a 2013 winner of HFMA’s MAP Award for Performance Improvement in Revenue Cycle—improved revenue cycle turnaround times and redesigned denial reduction processes using Lean process improvement, optimized technology, outsourcing, and human resource investment.
The MAP Award for Performance Improvement recognizes healthcare organizations that demonstrate measurable improvement in MAP Keys, which are key performance indicators that set the standard for revenue cycle excellence in the healthcare industry.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Apply a multidisciplinary, collaborative approach to streamlining revenue cycle operations.
- Assess Lean methods and principles to streamline processes and improved productivity.
- Choose and successfully implement technology, process improvement, and staff improvement initiatives to increase cash collections, reduce cost to collect, and improve financial performance.
Tools and Takeaways
- Worksheets for Lean tools to identify customer/patient value, such as waste walk, gemba walk, and times observation
- Standard work process tools to eliminate waste and reduce variability for front-line workers
- Task time worksheet
CFOs, revenue cycle leaders, and other executives responsible for financial performance in healthcare organizations
Field of Study
Specialized Knowledge and Applications
HFMA members: Free
Note: This on-demand webinar is available until Nov. 27, 2014.