Philip Oravetz, MD, MPH, MBA
Medical Director, Accountable Care
Ochsner Health System
VP, Medical Director
Recent findings from the Population Health Management Intelligence Survey, conducted by HealthLeaders Media, confirm widespread transformation in healthcare financing and our healthcare delivery model. This change requires leadership commitment, investment, and fundamental changes to the healthcare model to be successful.
During this webinar, Dr. Andrew Mellin reviews the key findings of this survey and shows how organizations are embracing population health management.
Dr. Phillip Oravetz has experienced, firsthand, the growing pressure to reduce cost and improve population health at Ochsner Health System. By using enterprise intelligence, focusing on physician alignment, and building a powerful healthcare team to help manage population health, Ochsner Health System is successfully redefining the organization’s healthcare delivery models while reducing healthcare cost and improving quality.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Understand which strategies peer organizations are focusing on to achieve population health.
- Implement a set of analytical tools that measure physician efficiency and variability in managing a population of patients.
- Create a governance process and incentive structures that successfully engage physicians in creating low cost, evidence-based care in managing population health.
- Develop a strategy to successfully mitigate physician challenges in clinical analytics such as attribution issues, measure accuracy, and population risk.
- Understand how to turn data into actionable clinical information.
Tools & Takeaways
- Performance Strategies, "Manage Population Health Across the Continuum," which outlines how organizations strategically use IT to manage new care models and help improve the health of their populations
- Summary report of the Population Health Management Intelligence Survey, conducted by HealthLeaders Media
CEOs, CFOs, CMOs, CIOs, CMIOs, chief accountable care officers, vice presidents of medical affairs, vice presidents of finance, medical directors, controllers, and accountants
Field of Study
Specialized Knowledge and Applications
HFMA members: Free
Note: This on-demand webinar is available until Nov. 27, 2014.