Strategies for Retaining and Advancing Revenue Cycle Staff
As described in this HFMA Newsletter Self-Study Lesson, revenue cycle leaders are finding it hard to locate qualified candidates to fill open positions. Baylor Health Care System is bucking the trend by developing talent from within the organization through its career ladders program. Participants will read a case study from HFMA's Revenue Cycle Strategist newsletter about Baylor's talent planning process, which has reduced turnover by 4 percent over a 10-year period.
Participants will also read a case study about Metro Health System’s revenue cycle training and career ladders programs, which have produced dramatic results: A gain of more than $75 million in net bottom line value on several million dollars of investments has translated into profitability since FY08.
In addition, participants will learn about five additional methods to retain revenue cycle staff.
After this Self-Study Lesson, You’ll Be Able To:
- Identify job levels for a revenue cycle leader career ladder program.
- Name three steps that managers can take to identify high-potential revenue cycle staff.
- Distinguish how a career ladder program can reduce staff turnover and increase employee empowerment.
- Recognize the qualifications that a healthcare organization might use to determine revenue cycle staff eligibility for promotion.
- Identify as least five strategies to retain valued revenue cycle staff.
Newsletter subscribers: Free
Get more with a subscription to any of HFMA's three newsletters: Revenue Cycle Strategist, Healthcare Cost Containment, and Strategic Financial Planning. A subscription includes print issues, online content, and access to self-study articles for CPE credits. Learn more—and subscribe.
Self-Study Lesson Information
- CPE credits: 1.0
- Designed for: Revenue cycle leaders and other healthcare finance leaders interested in employee development and retention
- Level: Beginner
- Instructional method: Self-study
- NASBA field of study: Personnel/HR
- Course availability: This newsletter self-study lesson is available for purchase through Oct. 31, 2015. Once purchased, you’ll have one year to finish your lesson.
Get additional information on our guarantee and CPE credits.