Director, Chapter Relations
The Director, Chapter Relations is responsible for developing, planning, and managing HFMA’s Chapter Relations program to ensure a uniform and consistent delivery of services to members. This includes developing and implementing strategies to build a strong network of chapters across the country and effective relationships with HFMA's chapter and regional volunteer leaders. The Director coordinates the development and implementation of the Davis Chapter Management System (DCMS) program which guides the delivery of services at the chapter level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop plans and goals for the department within the overall planning processes of the Association.
- Lead and manage the Davis Chapter Management System (DCMS) for HFMA's chapters to ensure alignment with HFMA's strategic goals.
- Work with Regional Executive Council to ensure effective oversight of DCMS, Chapter Balanced Scorecard and Fall Presidents Meetings.
- Develop and implement strategies to assist chapters with measuring and monitoring the quality of service provided to members. Define and scope opportunities to reduce the administrative burden on volunteers through technologies and services.
- Lead efforts to improve and enhance volunteer recruitment and engagement. Identify opportunities to enhance the existing chapter infrastructure to ensure effective delivery of services at the local level.
- Collaborate with members of staff to implement/execute on plans to assist chapter leaders and to build on HFMA's value proposition to members.
- Maintain ongoing contact with regional and chapter leaders to ensure effective delivery of chapter support services.
- Develop communication mechanisms to deliver clear, concise, timely information to volunteer leaders along with feedback mechanisms for volunteer leaders to communicate their challenges and opportunities.
- Develop and administer the chapter relations unit budget.
- Supervision of Chapter Relations staff.
Seven years experience in either association management or client support with three years management/supervisory experience required. Bachelors degree required. Masters degree desirable; CAE helpful. Successful candidates should have strong change management, communication, and organizational skills. Travel is required.
If interested, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication Date: Tuesday, November 26, 2013