MAP App Business Director
The MAP App Business Director is responsible for the business strategy and operations of HFMA's MAP App, an innovative product that allows healthcare organizations to measure, monitor, and compare revenue cycle performance. The director is responsible for product performance, customer relationships, product development, and data operations. The director will champion the product, represent the customer, and be responsible for the product's success. The director will provide guidance in the business of hospital revenue cycle management, and lead a team of 2-3 people.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Set strategy and direction for the MAP App, and initiatives. Prioritize business and/or market requirements and opportunities, based on insights from prospects, customers, and revenue cycle experts.
- Provide revenue cycle expertise, as needed, for the team, for customers, and in sales calls or trade shows to support the overall program success.
- Measure and monitor product performance and satisfaction, including customer usage patterns, customer feedback, and continually drive the team to process improvement.
- Work with the team to identify product requirements, synthesize and prioritize requirements into product development roadmap, and guide the build/release process.
- Own the customer communications strategy and project manages team members' contributions.
- Collaborate to identify and assess at-risk customer situations and develop and implement full scale, measurable plans to retain and engage the at-risk customer.
- Oversee customer on-boarding process that includes: collecting demographic and KPI data, validating data for accuracy, delivering product training for users and administrators, issuing new user licenses, and coordinating peer interaction among subscribers.
- Own MAP App expense budget including product development and marketing.
- Oversee accurate and timely processes that cover the implementation cycle: assessing appropriate methods and identifying resources for converting client data; consulting on the implementation, and coordinating technical support to resolve issues.
- Ensure successful 'hand-off' to appropriate departments for on-going support following implementation. May perform on-site visits.
- BA or BS; solid healthcare provider revenue cycle experience required.
- Product/business line management experience, preferably in healthcare software or services company.
- Experience leading, motivating and developing a team of professionals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Strong customer service orientation. Ability to understand customer needs, and convey how the product solves customer problems.
- Ability to drive action and effectively manage communication with internal and external contacts, and to a achieve results in a production/quality driven environment.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook, SQL, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management best practices. Ability to identify and propose resolutions for system issues or changes that impede timely and accurate implementation of MAP App.
- Ability to gather, analyze and prioritize critical information in order to effectively negotiate and resolve all issues relative to the implementation process, plan design and timing of deliverables.
- Knowledge and experience necessary to analyze vendor data sources, internal revenue cycle reports, productivity measures, etc., to identify issues and effect appropriate change.
If interested, please send your resume to HFMA.
Publication Date: Monday, February 10, 2014