Using Demand-Driven Staffing Tools to Improve Patient Flow and Margins
Tamira Harris, PhD, MBA, MSN, CPHQ, CCM
Tina Jury, RN, MSN, NEA-BC
Executive Vice President of Patient Care Services and CNO
Faced with unprecedented pressure to produce better outcomes at a lower cost, healthcare organizations must determine how to achieve sustainable cost reductions of up to 20 percent across the organization. With labor costs typically comprising 60 percent of total expenses, one of the best ways to reduce operating costs is to align staffing and capacity with predicted patient demand. Whether your organization is experiencing declining, steady, or increasing volumes, right-sizing staffing to demand is critical to operational performance.
Learn how AnMed Health is using patient-demand forecasting, real-time visibility, and benchmarking tools to optimize patient flow, one of its top strategic imperatives. This webinar concentrates on the outcomes-focused framework that AnMed Health used to establish goals for discharge planning, operating-room efficiency, and other key processes that impact care quality, patient satisfaction, and the bottom line.
After This Webinar You'll Be Able To:
- Understand how demand-driven staffing can help rein in budget variances while preserving safe staffing levels.
- Build a planning framework that defines expected outcomes, establishes metrics and milestones, links analytics to decision-making, and promotes accountability.
- Create a patient-flow command center designed to provide real-time visibility into enterprise-wide operations.
- Leverage dashboards to understand what you can be doing today to prepare for tomorrow.
- Incorporate meaningful benchmarking data into daily decision-making.
Tools and Takeaways
Senior executives (financial, operating, medical, patient care, human resources, and IT)
Field of Study: N/A
Delivery Method: Group Internet
Levels: Beginner & Intermediate
HFMA members: Free
Note: This on-demand webinar is available until April 7, 2015.