The Network Administrator reports to the Director, Information Technology and is responsible for the daily operations of the local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), personal computers (PCS) and peripherals at all HFMA offices and locations as well as providing remote support for the HFMA staff as they travel and work from home.
The Network Administrator will have significant input and primary responsibilities in the operations, planning and implementation of the IT systems as they relate to development, data telecommunications, data base administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, WAN’s and LAN’s. Additionally this person will have input in the budgeting for IT and as appropriate, procurement responsibilities and recommendations to the Director.
This person will also be responsible for effective planning, provisioning, installation/configuration, operations, maintenance, and break-fix support of server and network hardware and system software overseeing all aspects of these areas as well as ensuring backup systems, both locally and at the disaster recovery site(s) operate effectively. As well as bringing forth innovative solutions for the betterment of the HFMA work environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The hardware configuration and integration of multiple components in establishing the WAN, electronic communication, Internet access, and remote access through the Westchester and Washington servers, backups & disaster Recovery Services, PC’s, T1’s voice/data line and bridges, routers, switches, firewall, load balancers.
- Assisting with the development of an annual information technology plan, with emphasis on planning the direction of the LAN, WAN and PC’s and new technologies that may have an impact on HFMA, updating the company-wide technology strategy
- Responsible for the day-to-day delivery of current HFMA applications and computing solutions and maintaining company-wide service levels for IT support throughout HFMA including a single point of customer support (Help Desk) to result in higher response levels.
- The overall upgrading of the technology infrastructure (networks, desktops, servers, routers, firewalls, software applications, telecommunications) to support HFMA’s computing capabilities utilizing new and state-of-the-art technical solutions and methodologies including but not limited to: virtualization, cloud computing, remote work solutions.
- Vendor Management – working with the Director, IT, prepare proposals, bids, execution and delivery of critical technology based solutions for HFMA including complete planning for these solutions.
- Working with the Help Desk Technician, communicating staff’s hardware/software needs with regard to the LANs, WAN and PCS to the Director, Information Technology.
- Primary network system administration on all WAN, LAN and remote network hardware and software as needed including:
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, and network-related problems that arise either directly or working with other staff or outside vendor.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to outside vendors as applicable; and maintain a log and report monthly to the Director, IT on all service issues and outages.
- Proper installation and ongoing support of all managed services such as remote monitoring, remote backup, remote patching, and all other managed services that are added to the portfolio over time.
- Working with vendors to resolve hardware and software operating system issues.
- Scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems.
- Providing secure access to the network for remote users.
- Ensuring the security of data from internal and external attack.
- Research, test, and make recommendations to the Director, IT for implementation of possible new IT solutions.
- Developing, continually updating and producing documentation on all systems at HFMA as it applies to the day to day operations as well as the HFMA Disaster Recovery Plan including a secure list of all current access points, user names and passwords for all systems and hardware.
- Working with the Director, IT on planning, developing and implementing the IT budget, assisting with obtaining competitive prices from suppliers, to ensure cost effectiveness including researching possible new systems.
- Working with the Help Desk Technician, ensure there are configuration and setup documentation for end users as well as end user training materials as they relate to all components of the LAN, WAN, electronic communication, remote access and Internet access for staff.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related equivalent experience and knowledge of PC’s, LAN, WAN and other infrastructures as it applies to HFMA.
- Certified Engineer in the operating systems or hardware currently at HFMA a plus. Strong working knowledge of LANs, WANs, PC hardware and software packages especially those used at HFMA and remote access support.
- Current experience with the following software packages: Microsoft Office suite; Microsoft Windows (both desktop and server based); Internet software (IIS); VMWare.
- Knowledge of telecommunications and remote user support. Excellent communication skills and ability to relate technical information to non-technical staff. May be required to work a varied schedule, as needed including nights and weekends and may also be required to travel.
If interested, please complete send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publication Date: Monday, February 10, 2014