Terry Rappuhn, CPA (moderator)
Founder and Director
SC Regional Health Care System LLC
Corporate Director, Revenue Cycle Operations
St. Mary's Health System
Linda Kloss, MA, RHIA, FAHIMA
Kloss Strategic Advisors
Enterprise-wide information should provide one source of clinical truth. But how do provider organizations support this notion while simultaneously capturing and collecting what your organization has earned in the revenue cycle, retaining top talent, streamlining workflow, improving clinical and user satisfaction, reducing operating expenses, and avoiding compliance risk?
During this webinar, a panel of providers discuss the role of health information management (HIM) as it evolves into a function broader than the traditional HIM department and outlines the high expectations required of your HIM function and HIM's importance for success.
After This Webinar You’ll Be Able To:
- Understand the changing role of HIM as a function.
- Develop best-practice and achievable HIM metrics affecting the revenue cycle including:
- Staff's ability to transition to changing roles
- Clear and realistic plans for ICD-10
- Operational and productivity reporting
- Quality assurance programs
- Determine the impact HIM has on the revenue cycle, talent, productivity, enterprise information, compliance, and quality.
- Recognize how HIM can affect physician and staff relationships and satisfaction.
- Evaluate approaches to improve HIM including insourcing, outsourcing, and other transformations.
Tools & Takeaways
Inspection worksheet: "HIM in 2016: Guiding Principles, Process Guide and Best Practice Checklist for the C-Suite"
White paper: "Health Information Management in 2016: Guiding Principles and a Governance Framework for a Digital Age"
CEOs, CFOs, financial managers, revenue cycle managers, and HIM leaders
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge and Applications
Delivery Method: Group Internet
Prerequisites: Familiarity with clinical documentation, HIM, case mix index, and revenue cycle functions
HFMA members: Free
Note: This on-demand webinar is available until May 16, 2015.