Improving Price Transparency: A Consensus-Based Approach
Joseph J. Fifer, FHFMA, CPA
President and CEO
Todd Nelson, MBA
Director, Healthcare Finance Policy, Operational Initiatives
James H. Landman, PhD, JD
Director, Healthcare Finance Policy, Perspectives and Analysis
The lack of price transparency in health care threatens to erode the public's trust. Access to price information is essential to maintain patients' trust and enables them to make informed decisions about their health care. This webinar describes the steps all stakeholders can take to improve price transparency for patients and other care purchasers. Webinar presenters outline transparency-related roles for providers, health plans, and others, based on a new report from a multi-organizational task force led by HFMA. If all stakeholders act on these recommendations in a concerted way, patients will be empowered to make better decisions and stakeholders will continue to earn patients' trust.
In this informative webinar, the presenters:
- Define key terms related to price transparency
- Describe principles that should guide price transparency efforts
- Discuss price transparency frameworks for various care purchaser groups
- Identify essential elements of price transparency tools
- Present examples of organizations that are leading the way toward improved price transparency
After This Webinar You'll Be Able To:
- Set goals related to your organization’s price transparency capabilities and performance
- Identify steps your organization can take to improve price transparency
- Create a plan for proactively improving your organization’s price transparency capabilities
- Collaborate with other healthcare stakeholders to provide better price information to care purchasers
Tools & Takeaways
- "Price Transparency in Health Care: Report from the HFMA Price Transparency Task Force"
- "Understanding Healthcare Prices: A Consumer Guide"
CEOs, CFOs, VPs and directors of revenue cycle and patient financial services (PFS), health plan executives, and physician practice managers
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge and Applications
Delivery Method: Group Internet
HFMA members: Free
Note: This on-demand webinar is available until April 28, 2015.