Huron Consulting Group
Tesheia H. Johnson, MBA, MHS
Chief Operations Officer, The Yale Center for Clinical Investigation
Associate Director of Clinical Research,
Yale School of Medicine and The Yale Center for Clinical Investigation
The adoption of electronic medical record (EMR) systems has provided a variety of reports and tools to support decision making and improve quality, compliance, and financial performance. One area that is getting increasing attention is the use of EMR to support clinical research programs. Organizations can improve patient safety, increase enrollment on clinical trials, improve financial performance, and strengthen compliance when EMR systems are integrated with clinical trials management systems (CTMS).
This webinar provides an overview of these EMR and CTMS integration opportunities, shares lessons learned from integrating the two systems at Yale University and Yale New Haven Hospital, and suggests strategies for approaching the integration of these systems.
After This Webinar, You'll Be Able To:
- Understand the potential opportunities and benefits of integrating CTMS with EMR.
- Learn how this integration can support research billing compliance and improve financial performance.
- Understand how to approach CTMS and EMR integration.
- Be aware of technical, ethical, and logistical considerations
Tools & Takeaways
- Framework for clinical trials billing management with an integrated EMR/CTMS platform
- Sample tools and reports for various financial, operations, and compliance management topics including study feasibility, patient safety, research billing, and workload management
Medical directors, CFOs, compliance officers, vice presidents and directors of research Offices, and patient financial services professionals
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge and Applications
Delivery Method: Group Internet
HFMA members: Free
Note: This on-demand webinar is available until June 3, 2015.