Panel Discussion: Catering to Patients as Consumers While Increasing Volume and Revenue
Chief Operating Officer
DeSoto Memorial Hospital
Holston Medical Group
Registration, admissions, billing, and other patient financial services make up the foundation for the new social contract between patients and providers. As patients play a larger role in paying for health care, they will bring a consumer mentality to the market. Price transparency, patient financing, payment technologies, and personalized experience will influence their decisions on which providers to choose and which treatments to pursue. In catering to patients as consumers, healthcare providers have the opportunity to attract new patients, volume and revenue, while building stronger patient satisfaction and loyalty.
This webinar outlines how two healthcare providers—DeSoto Memorial Hospital and Holston Medical Group—adapted their strategies, operations, and technologies to meet the changing needs of their patients while improving their post-of-service collections.
After This Webinar You'll Be Able To:
- Recognize the enormous opportunity to engage with patients using familiar retail tactics.
- Review patient access technologies to facilitate positive financial communications and improve point of service collections.
- Discover how positive patient financial engagement can impact population health by removing the financial obstacles to obtaining timely medical care.
- Find out how other leading healthcare providers are meeting the needs of patients as consumers.
- Learn how to boost point of service collections while improving patient satisfaction.
Tools & Takeaways
White paper: "Catering to Patients as Consumers"
CFOs, revenue cycle managers, billing staff, and patient access professionals
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge and Applications
Delivery Method: Group Internet
Prerequisites: Familiarity with point-of-service collection practices
HFMA members: Free
Note: This on-demand webinar is available until June 25, 2015.