Managing Supply Costs
In this HFMA newsletter self-study lesson, participants will read case studies from HFMA’s Healthcare Cost Containment newsletter about how Intermountain Healthcare and Denver Health are managing their supply costs. Participants will also read about a study on the disconnect between C-suite executives and supply chain leaders regarding the financial impact of the supply chain and the strategies that should be used to control supply chain costs.
After this Self-Study Lesson, You'll Be Able to:
- Recognize the potential benefits of centralizing the supply chain.
- Differentiate ways purchasing cards can improve supply chain efficiency and increase user satisfaction.
- Identify two important characteristics of personnel who work in supply chain strategic sourcing.
- Recognize strategies that will enable your organization to demand better prices from suppliers of physician preference items.
- Identify the components of an effective letter to suppliers of physician preference items explaining your hospital’s position on pricing.
- Recognize how to bridge the gap between C-suite executives and supply chain executives pertaining to supply chain improvement strategies.
Healthcare Cost Containment subscribers: Free
Get more with a Healthcare Cost Containment subscription, which gives you six newsletter issues a year, plus access to self-study articles for CPE credit. Learn more about Healthcare Cost Containment—and subscribe.
Self-Study Article Information
- CPE credits: 1.0
- Designed for: Healthcare finance professionals who are interested in improving the efficiency of a supply chain
- Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisite knowledge: Basic understanding of healthcare supply chain structure
- Instructional method: Self-study
- Format: Online
- NASBA Field of Study: Production
- Program prerequisite: None
- Advance preparation: None
- Course availability: This newsletter self-study lesson is available for purchase through June 30, 2015. Once purchased, you'll have one year to finish your lesson.
Get additional information on our guarantee and CPE credits.