Hospital Financing Options
Health reform and other anticipated regulatory changes, along with fluctuations in capital markets, make it essential that hospitals and healthcare systems understand what capital finance options and strategies are available today to help them chart a viable course for the future. In this newsletter self-study lesson, participants will read four articles from HFMA's Strategic Financial Planning newsletter that explain:
- Effective capital strategies for not-for-profit hospitals
- The what, when, and why of note modifications
- How to take advantage of HUD’s hospital mortgage insurance program
- One hospital system’s successful debt recapitalization strategy
After This Self-Study Lesson, You'll Be Able to:
- Identify six strategies not-for-profit hospitals and hospital systems can adopt to mitigate risk and take advantage of opportunities in their capital structures.
- List refinancing options appropriate for HUD-insured, tax-exempt bonds.
- List seven benefits of FHA’s Section 242 Hospital Mortgage Insurance Program.
- Differentiate between capital projects that are and are not eligible for the 242 program.
- Identify the pros and cons of available refinancing strategies.
Strategic Financial Planning subscribers: Free
Get more with a subscription to Strategic Financial Planning newsletter, which gives you four print issues and four e-newsletters per year, plus access to self-study articles for CPE credit. Learn more about Strategic Financial Planning—and subscribe.
Self-Study Article Information
- CPE credits: 1.0
- Designed for: Healthcare finance leaders interested in learning more about different capital financing options
- Level: Intermediate
- Prerequisite knowledge: Basic understanding of capital finance
- Instructional method: Self-study
- Format: Online
- NASBA field of study: Finance
- Program prerequisite: None
- Advance preparation: None
- Course availability: This newsletter self-study lesson is available for purchase through June 30, 2015. Once purchased, you’ll have one year to finish your lesson.
Get additional information on our guarantee and CPE credits.