Chicago, IL - December 5
Physician employment continues to grow and will likely reach unprecedented levels in the years to come. Primarily, this is in response to the need to improve care management and accountability, establish a platform for clinical integration, develop accountable care delivery models - and/or the assumption of risk payments from payers - based on value (e.g., quality, outcomes, costs). This seminar presents a comprehensive look at factors driving increased physician interest in employment arrangements from the perspective of the physician and hospital, discusses direct and alternative employment models, and addresses integration opportunities using employment and alternative approaches to create measurable, targeted financial performance improvements.
After this seminar you'll be able to:
- Assess employment and alternative arrangements and compensation models.
- Identify high-impact initiatives to improve financial performance, including reviewing contract structures, feedback mechanisms, administrative functions, and performance evaluations.
- Provide physician alignment incentives to address quality standards as well as other value components.
- Develop purposeful, meaningful physician recruitment and selection criteria.
Basic knowledge of hospital-physician collaboration options and strategic healthcare financial issues.
Tools and Takeaways
- Physician recruitment and employment checklist
- Compensation approaches tailored to your market dynamics and situation
CFOs, CEOs, COOs, compliance officers, service line managers, and physician leaders.
Craig E. Holm, CHE, CHC
Senior Vice President, Health Strategies & Solutions Inc.
D. Louis Glaser
Partner, Katten, Muchen, Rosenman & Zavis
Continuing education: 7 CPE credits; 6 hours Category II (non-ACHE) credit
What You Need to Know About HFMA's Seminars
Publication Date: Friday, July 20, 2012