Learn how the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania uses outsourcing to allow internal resources to focus on aspects of the revenue cycle that provides the best return - higher dollars associated with lower volume. By shifting the low-dollar, high-volume accounts to an outside partner, the staff could focus on improvements with the most significant impact on key metrics. The approach to open accounts has resulted in improved cash collections, with 95% of cash collection occurring through internal hospital resources and 5% through the combined outsourced efforts.
This course is a recording of the original live event which was presented at HFMA's Map Event in Coronado, California. This self-study course consists of Power Point slides, audio of various speakers, review questions and a final assessment.
- Approximate time to complete: 2.5 hours
- Preliminary CPE credit: 2.5
- Designed for: Anyone needing Continuing Professional Education
- Level: Basic
- Instructional method: Self-study
- Format: Online
- NASBA Field of Study: Special Knowledge & Applications
- Program prerequisite: None
Topics covered include:
- Outsourcing cost-benefit analysis
- Evaluating revenue cycle process for outsourcing
- Action plan to integrate outsourcing partners into your team
- Dashboard to monitor outsourcing effectiveness
- Using Outsourcing to Reduce Net Days in A/R, Improve Aged A/R and Lower Bad Debt
At the end of this course, you'll be able to:
- Identify revenue cycle processes that can be outsourced
- Integrate outsourcing partners into revenue cycle team
- Monitor the performance of outsource companies
Preliminary CPE: This course is estimated to be eligible for 2.5 hours of CPE when the course activities are completed at the minimum required level (including completion of all modules' review questions and completion of a program evaluation) prior to the expiration date of the course materials (one year after purchase). CPE will not be issued if the required documentation is submitted after the expiration of the course materials. The course is in the final stages of pilot testing and CPE credit has been estimated. Once the credit has been finalized, you will be notified if the recommended credit is lower than this estimate.
Course Availability: 6 months from start date.
Refund Policy: Refunds will be granted only for requests made within two weeks of the order date.
Healthcare Financial Management Association Educational Foundation is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to The National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417, website: www.nasba.org