Felicia Ziomek, RN, BSN, MBA
Nurse Auditor, CDM Coordinator
ValleyCare Health System
Business Solutions Consultant
One of the principles to having a successful revenue integrity program is to identify charging errors at the source — correct them just once and reap the benefits over and over again. This, in turn, leads to another key principle: Discover additional revenue opportunities that positively impact your hospital’s bottom line.
By being very focused on identifying the root cause of charging errors, ValleyCare Health System has accomplished both of these principles. Using actual investigation data, the speakers will explain the processes used to identify additional net revenue not previously captured. With actual case-study data they will demonstrate how comparing billing codes present in various systems in the revenue cycle can pinpoint charge capture opportunities — and even uncover previously undiscovered compliance issues.
After This Webinar You'll Be Able To Determine:
- If your hospital claims and possibly net revenue are being impacted.
- Whether your hospital has problems with charge capture and/or CPT/HCPCs code flow issues between systems.
- If charges are missing from the chargemaster and additional revenue opportunities have gone undetected.
- Where there is risk in your process to minimize compliance concerns.
Tools and Takeaways:
- An easy-to-use auditing tool to help pinpoint charge capture and/or billing errors occurring with people, processes, technology, or a combination of more than one of these variables.
- Two powerful resources to help document medical necessity for cataract surgery and joint replacement surgery, to help decrease Medicare denials.
- An effective tool to assist with auditing 23-hour outpatient surgery accounts, to help determine the root cause for patients staying over 24 hours, and possibly cause commercial reimbursements to drop to a lower per diem amount.
Those with a basic understanding of the CDM and the middle section of the Revenue Cycle (Charge Capture and Coding/Abstracting performed in Health Information Management) who seek to discover additional net revenue opportunities, and those responsible for assisting Patient Financial Services with claim submission and solving claim errors.
HFMA members: Free
Sponsored by: Craneware
Note: This on-demand webinar will be available until Dec. 6, 2013.