Stephanie Dodge Gournis
Drinker, Biddle and Reath, LLP
There are more wage and hour lawsuits pending in the federal courts than all other employment claims combined, and the healthcare industry has been a focus for the Department of Labor (DOL). Learn how your organization can mitigate the risk of a costly, time-consuming and reputation-damaging wage and hour lawsuit. This session will discuss the leading causes of FLSA liability in health care. Ms. Dodge Gournis will outline the DOL's Strategic Plan and discuss the top practices targeted by the department. She will also provide practical steps to show how healthcare employers can achieve wage and hour compliance.
After This Webinar You'll Be Able To:
- Recognize and avoid the common mistakes regarding wage and hour compliance.
- Understand how the scope of wage and hour compliance audits is broadening.
- Develop strategies to avoid wage and hour lawsuits and litigation.
- Understand and address the leading causes of FLSA liability in health care.
- Gain an understanding of the top practices targeted by the DOL and how to achieve compliance.
Tools and Takeaways
Position paper: “Strategies for Taking a Proactive Approach to Labor Law Compliance”
CFOs, finance executives, VPs of human resources, human resources executives, COOs and accounting directors
HFMA members: Free
Note: This on-demand webinar is available until Dec. 2, 2013.