University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Presbyterian Shadyside
Nancy Soso, MS, RHIA
Executive Director, Health Information Management
University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
Product Manager, CDI Module
Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) initiatives transform the quality of provider documentation to better reflect the services rendered and more accurately depict the complete patient encounter. CDI can also play an important role in the transition to ICD-10. This session will show how the use of natural language processing (NLP) technology is changing CDI programs. With greater specificity and increased scope for both diagnosis and procedure coding with ICD-10, CDI programs in provider organizations are working to address the potential gap between the content of current clinical documentation and the required level of detail for ICD-10 codes. Aligning NLP technology and CDI solutions amplifies the ability to find cases that exhibit improvement opportunities beginning at patient admission, to allow for concurrent evidence to support consistent decisions by CDI staff, incorporates tools to automate physician queries, and measures key performance metrics.
After This Webinar You'lll Be Able To:
- Evaluate the types of CDI programs in the market.
- Assess the value of NLP-driven CDI for your individual facility.
- Understand how NLP-driven CDI will enhance staff productivity and accuracy as well as compliance and patient safety.
- Identify potential revenue gained by implementing CDI technology.
Tools and Takeaways
- Business case for fully automated CDI technology and anticipated annual financial impact
- Understand physician education aspects of the CDI technology
- Benefits of CAC and CDI driven by the same NLP technology
CFOs, VPs/directors of revenue cycle, compliance managers, chief medical officers, VPs/directors of case management, chief nursing officers, CDI specialists, HIM directors, quality management professionals
HFMA Members: Free
Note: This on-demand webinar is available until Nov. 14, 2013.