Vice President, Revenue Cycle
Administrator, Business Operations
First impressions are critical in today's healthcare finance environment. Hospital collection processes are subject to increased regulatory scrutiny and more revenue is tied to satisfaction metrics such as Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) scores. Many providers, including high-performing revenue cycle hospitals, are recognizing that patient satisfaction and understanding of payment obligations are enhanced when increased emphasis is placed on improving front-end processes. This webinar will feature a case study from MAP award-winning Multicare that highlights strategies and tactics used to improve the patient experience and increase upfront collections.
After This Session You'll Be Able To:
- Understand the process of point-of-service target setting and communication of targets.
- Develop patient-friendly upfront communication.
- Assist your team in using tools and methods to achieve successful collections at the point of service.
- Use lean tools to assist with improvement planning and monitoring.
- Collaborate with organizational leaders that oversee POS functions yet who aren't part of the revenue cycle team.
Tools and Takeaways
- Sample patient-friendly point-of-service scripts
- Overview of training activities for front-line staff
CFOs and revenue cycle executives, directors, and managers
HFMA members: Free
Note: This on-demand webinar will be available until Oct. 4, 2013.