Robert L. Broadway, FHFMA
Vice President, Corporate Strategy
Bethesda Healthcare System
Director, Revenue Cycle Services
In this webinar, Bethesda Memorial Hospital shares how it used Lean Six Sigma-based methodology and performance-based incentives to optimize its revenue cycle in just four months. Speakers explain how they increased cash receipts by 29 percent, decreased dollars attributed to discharged not final billed cases by 63 percent, and reduced the time to schedule appointments via fax by 80 percent. Learn how they used simple tools and metrics to consolidate scheduling and registration processes, eliminate the need for double data entry, optimize legacy software capabilities for billing productivity, and more.
After This Webinar You'll Be Able To:
- Identify the components of a high performance revenue cycle model and a comprehensive revenue cycle assessment.
- Understand how Lean Six Sigma methods can transform your healthcare finance organization for greater efficiency.
- Examine the process of maintaining, sustaining, and continuously improving revenue cycle operations.
Tools and Takeaways
- Optum case study
- HFMA education report, "Using Formal Process Improvement for Revenue Cycle Success"
- Lessons learned
- Methodology comparison roadmap
CFOs, VPs/directors of revenue cycle, director of patient financial services, and other finance executives responsible for revenue cycle
HFMA members: Free
Note: This on-demand webinar will be available until Oct. 1, 2013.