Senior VP of Professional Services
BayCare Health System
BayCare Health System has developed a highly successful new model for transforming the revenue management team to ensure organization-wide revenue integrity. With education, developing new skills at the individual level, and the use of automated tools, and by breaking down traditional revenue management barriers at the team level, BayCare has realized significant improvements in its organizational revenue integrity. The health system identified the following as critical success factors to transforming its revenue integrity team:
- Moving from facility-centric roles to horizontal integration aligned to clinical areas of focus
- Integrating EHR and chargemaster
- Evolving from a revenue cycle to a revenue integrity orientation (reducing revenue leakage and missed reimbursement opportunities, identifying root causes, and implementing solutions to assure compliance)
- Building collaboration beyond finance; engaging clinical departments in accurate and compliant charge capture processes
- Implementing tools to automate workflows and monitor changes in coding, compliance, and pricing
After This Webinar You'll Be Able to:
- Restructure the revenue team to reflect horizontal integration aligned to clinical focus.
- Expand the skill sets of revenue professionals beyond finance in order to improve revenue integrity.
- Identify and alleviate points of revenue leakage and their root causes through increased understanding of the advantages gained by shifting focus from revenue cycle to revenue integrity.
- Assess pricing, coding and compliance at the organizational level through the use of tools designed to support an automated workflow and standardize a tightly EHR-integrated enterprise-wide charge capture.
Tools and Takeaways
Sample organization chart and flows of key revenue integrity processes
CFOs, revenue integrity directors and managers, and chargemaster managers
HFMA members: Free
Note: This on-demand webinar will be available until Sept. 19, 2013.