Advance My Career
The healthcare finance industry needs managers who have technical strengths and are willing to assume leadership. Promotions are earned by providing results. HFMA suggests the following for developing your fullest potential.
Steps to take before getting started:
- Consider a mentor - Mentors are invaluable because of their first-hand perspective. Is there a leader in your organization or in the industry who you admire? Ask them if they would be willing to mentor you; if not, ask them if they have any advice.
- Become the resident expert - Develop and share your technical knowledge and skills.
- Take the challenge - Volunteer for special projects and be willing to assume leadership responsibility.
- Identify and assess your transferable skills. See assessments below.
- Hone your public speaking and presentation skills - Successful managers and executives know how to communicate to varied constituencies.
Articles & Books