Memphis, TN - May 7-8
This exclusive seminar has been designed specifically for HFMA and includes best practice recommendations for maximizing revenue cycle effectiveness. Topics include revenue cycle terms, functions, and responsibilities; revenue stream techniques from a clinical perspective; contract management; and finance and information services. This seminar also covers in-depth information from the viewpoint of utilization review and health information management, the nuts and bolts of chargemaster and compliance, and the Office of Inspector General.
After this seminar, you'll be able to:
- Describe critical revenue cycle processes in pre-service, time-of-service, and post-service, and identify the key players and core relationships that impact these operations.
- Identify benchmarks and key performance indicators to achieve revenue cycle excellence, including claims processing, payment collection, billing vulnerabilities, and reimbursement challenges.
- Develop effective decision-making, problem-solving, and communication skills for process improvement, increased efficiency, and quality outcomes.
Tools and Takeaways
- Glossary of revenue cycle terms
- Comprehensive list of resources including URLs
- Take-home group exercises
- Action plans
- Payer relations contracting checklist
Claudia Birkenshaw Garabelli, MSA
Director of Revenue Cycle Services, The Rybar Group
Continuing education: 14 CPE credits
What You Need to Know About HFMA's Seminars