Date & Time
Tuesday, October 29 — 7:15 – 8:30 a.m.
Patricia Jones, MHS
Director, Coding Quality and Compliance
Inova Health System
Cheryl Manchenton, RN, BSN
Senior Inpatient Consultant
3M Health Information Systems
Inova Health System reports results of an outcome-based revenue management initiative that delivered more accurate quality scores and performance ratings, better measurement of resource consumption, improved revenue through better capture of patient acuity, and more accurate reimbursement.
After This Session, You'll Be Able To:
- Analyze and address the impact of quality outcomes data on your organization's case mix index and reimbursement.
- Compare your hospital's performance with industry norms and peer groups to identify variances.
- Collaborate with physicians to ensure complete and accurate documentation that fully captures CC and MCC rates, patient severity, and risk of mortality.
Tools & Takeaways
- Tools to integrate quality improvement by HIM, CDI and Quality teams
- Tips for engaging physicians in improving quality scores
- Sample queries for quality such as postoperative and operative complications