ICD-10 Implementation: Effective Steps for Successful Adoption & Strategies
Christine Armstrong RHIA, MBA
Vickie Monteith RN
Deloitte & Touche LLP
Wendy Iravedra, RHIA, CHP
Administrative Director, ICD-10 Project
Memorial Healthcare System
Danielle Reno, MHA, CHC, CCS, CCS-P
ICD-10 Program Director
Many healthcare providers have started the implementation and remediation process of preparing for the ICD-10 transition. Learn from experts and providers about how organizations are preparing for this major implementation, strategies and actions important for all healthcare entities, tools they are leveraging to govern and track implementation progress, and immediate next steps. The panel will discuss where they are in relation to their implementation progress, what is working well, and how they tackled implementation challenges encountered. Through the dialogue of the panel, there will be an understanding of development of an implementation strategy, key decisions, and important next steps the audience can take to help them prioritize required activities for the successful implementation of ICD-10.
After This Webinar You'll Be Able To:
- Understand early adoption efforts that are being implemented by providers.
- Describe steps organizations are taking around system testing, financial testing, and provider-payor collaboration.
- Outline leading practices underway in the areas of training, physician adoption, and clinical documentation improvement.
- Understand tools being implemented, i.e. computer-assisted coding, crosswalk and impact on productivity, efficiency and preparedness.
- Gain insight into benefits and operational efficiency opportunities possible through the ICD-10 implementation efforts.
- Describe the primary challenges organizations are encountering with their implementation efforts.
Tools and Takeaways
Implementation tools and key takeaways will be covered throughout the course of the presentation
CFOs, health information management directors, IT directors, patient financial services directors, and ICD-10 project managers who are responsible for the ICD-10 implementation efforts within their organizations.
HFMA members: Free
Note: This on-demand webinar will be available until March 6, 2014.