Future Financial Leaders Award nominees are evaluated based on their contributions in the following leadership areas:
- Leadership Skills and Behavior: Exercise appropriate leadership styles and behavior, employ critical thinking skills, and advocate for the organization and its values in the community and public policy arena.
- Organizational Climate and Culture:Foster a culture that values diversity, promotes teamwork, and engenders a commitment to the purpose and values of the organization.
- Communicating Vision:Establish and communicate a compelling vision for the organization that guides strategy formation and direction.
- Managing Change:Promote organizational development and continuous improvement, and use systems thinking to enact change in complex organizations.
In 500 words or less, please tell us about either one organizational initiative or an ongoing demonstration of leadership in which the nominee exemplified notable leadership. Make sure that you provide specific examples of how the nominee demonstrated leadership skills, fostered a culture promoting teamwork and commitment to the organization's purpose, communicated a compelling organizational vision, and managed change.
- A brief summary of the initiative and how it was carried out or a brief summary of the demonstrated ongoing leadership
- The nominee's role in the initiative and how the nominee influenced the concept and execution of the initiative or the nominee's ongoing influence as an organizational leader
- The measurable effect of the initiative on the organization's strategic and financial objectives or the measurable effect of the nominees ongoing leadership on the organization's strategic and financial objectives
- Ways in which the nominee influenced others participating in the initiative or ways in which the nominee continues to inspire commitment to excellence from others
- Ways in which the nominee's contribution was innovative or exceptional
A panel of senior finance executives will review nominations and select award winners.
Award Winner Recognition
- Highlighted in hfm magazine. A special section in hfm will feature profiles of the award winners.
- Announced in electronic communications. Information will be included in HFMA's website, HFMA's Weekly News e-newsletter, online news section of hfm magazine and a press release.
- Presented with an award at ANI. Award winners will be recognized during a special session at ANI: The 2013 HFMA National Institute.