HFMA Code of Ethics
As a member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association, I will endeavor to promote the highest standards of professional conduct by:
- Practicing honesty and maintaining personal integrity, including avoidance of conflicts of interest with those of my employer or the Healthcare Financial Management Association;
- Striving for the objective and fair presentation of financial information;
- Fostering excellence in healthcare financial management by keeping abreast of pertinent issues;
- Maintaining the confidentiality of privileged information;
- Promoting a greater understanding of financial management issues by others in the healthcare field, and seeking increased public understanding through communication about such issues; and
- Seeking to maintain a reasonable balance between the quality and cost of health care.
The HFMA Board of Directors designates the National Secretary as the board member responsible to oversee this policy and procedure.