Potential Speaking Opportunities
ANI: The Healthcare Finance Conference
The RFP process for presentations at the 2013 ANI: The Healthcare Finance Conference is closed. For information on how to submit proposals for other HFMA events, see below.
Selection for the conference presentations is based on the following criteria:
- Industry research and timely topics
- Experience of presenter(s)
- Programs that include a speaker from the provider sector
- Presentations that include practical take-home tools and techniques
- Programs that are interactive and include adult learning principles
Topics should be focused on healthcare financial management needs, and can relate to delivery systems and financial management/legal/legislative issues within these delivery systems from either a payer, purchaser and/or provider perspective. Proposals aimed at selling a product or service will not be considered.
Seminar and Webinar Programs
Proposals for seminar and webinar programs do not have a formal Call for Presentations process, and should include the following information:
- The format that is being proposed: seminar or webinar.
- Proposed title
- Session description - including session objectives, outline of the content, methods of teaching (latter not needed for webinars)
- Target audience (i.e. CFOs, PFS managers, senior financial executives, revenue cycle managers, etc.) and level of the subject matter (beginner, intermediate or advanced-if intermediate or advanced, what is expected level of familiarity with the subject matter?)
- Qualifications of speakers - include a short biography of all speakers involved
- Rationale for recommending the topic
Proposals for seminars are accepted throughout the year, and will be implemented, if accepted, into the next year's schedule. Proposals for webinars are accepted year-round.
Seminars topics are focused on content that is complex and enhanced by face-to-face interaction and problem-solving:
- Financial management/reimbursement
- Revenue cycle
- Managed care operations and processes
- Long-term care/home health care
Webinar topics are narrowly focused, and include information that has immediate relevance and timeliness for healthcare financial professionals and that can be a focused topic for this short length of time.
Seminar and webinar proposals can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.