What is HFMA’s MAP Keys Compliant Program?
The program recognizes information technology products that capture data needed to use HFMA’s industry standard MAP Keys — the key performance indicators in revenue cycle for both hospitals and physician practices. This program helps providers identify products that support the use of MAP Keys to track, compare, and improve performance.
Why is it important for your product to become MAP Keys Compliant?
- Revenue cycle leaders are asking for it. Hundreds of hospitals adopting MAP Keys and using MAP App ask HFMA: “What products comply with the MAP Keys definitions?” The MAP Keys Compliant Program is the ideal answer for providers.
- Providers are seeking objective benchmarks. Hospital and health system leaders will be confident that data they have received from your products can be used to track and compare performance with accuracy, consistency, and efficiency.
- You earn an exclusive distinction. As a MAP Keys Compliant vendor partner, your product will receive prominent exposure among HFMA’s more than 40,000 members, conference attendees, and customers..
How will your products be evaluated?
When you submit your products for consideration, HFMA rigorously scrutinizes the source data-capture and data-reporting capabilities of the product. HFMA identifies which specific data elements — and related MAP Keys — the product can provide. Products that provide data complying with the definitions of HFMA’s MAP Keys receive the designation of MAP Keys Compliant.
Each MAP Key requires data that constitute a specific numerator and denominator. For example, to measure performance for the MAP Key “Point-of-Service (POS) Cash Collections” requires data showing point-of-service payments (numerator) and total patient cash collected (denominator). The value indicates potential exposure to bad debt, accelerates cash collections, and can reduce collection costs. To access this data, providers rely heavily on information technology products like yours.
How is the MAP Keys Compliant program and MAP App Widgets related?
MAP App Widgets display monthly performance against MAP App peers within a vendor's application. Vendors must be MAP Keys Compliant in order to obtain a license to leverage MAP App Widgets.
As a MAP Keys Compliant vendor partner, you will:
- Receive the program logo to place on your website and in marketing literature.
- Obtain exposure for your business and product on HFMA’s MAP website and the MAP Keys mobile app.
- Receive one complimentary registration to MAP Event, HFMA's revenue cycle conference.
- Be acknowledged at upcoming events including ANI: HFMA’s National Institute and MAP Event
- Submit subject matter expertise that will become relevant content within MAP App such as white papers, tools, case studies, and proven practices.
Interested in becoming MAP Keys Compliant?
Contact Paul Bielat, HFMA’s MAP Team Leader, at 877.720.4MAP (4627) or firstname.lastname@example.org.