Director, Healthcare Finance Policy, Health Plan, and Population Health
This position is responsible for translating knowledge about this segment (health plan and population) into recommendations for content strategy and product services for use by the HFMA membership and serves as the technical expert and consultant. This position functions in an objective manner for analyzing, defining, and consulting on a broad range of needs and issues that affect physician and clinical leaders and professionals. The position may speak at HFMA programs and to other audiences on key issues affecting the healthcare finance professionals. This position is responsible for planning and organizing Association activities relevant to the designated subject areas and/or product line(s) through the coordination of internal and external expert resources.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage key market segments by defining, analyzing, and consulting on the needs and ultimate delivery of content for assigned segments
a. Translate knowledge about the segment into recommendations for feasible, effective new products
b. Develop content strategy for segment based on established top topical needs
c. Consult with or has the technical expertise to ensure that the product managers incorporate the technical needs of the segment in meaningful, tailored products
d. Maintains a solid understanding of the hard and soft skills needed by his/her segment population to be effective and develops or helps develop content and products to enhance skill sets
- Monitor developments, and provide leadership and expertise on selected healthcare issues
a. Write and coordinate documents and prepare information pieces for HFMA web site and other communication channels
b. Coordinate information, tools, and education on the issues, evaluate proposed education, and other products, recruit presenters/possible partnered products to fill identified gaps. Ensure content is packaged into appropriate delivery vehicles. Ensure customer and content needs are addressed in products. Articulate learning or knowledge objectives and outcomes for use by product managers.
- Serve as staff liaison for expert advisory panels and other governing bodies including Forum Advisory Councils, National Advisory Council, Principles and Practices Board, HFMA Chapters, and Board of Examiners.
- Work with staff to identify, develop and present HFMA exclusive content at both national and chapter level educational events. Development of presentations for senior staff and volunteers within subject matter expertise.
- Serve as a representative to various groups seeking HFMA’s expertise on key content and thought leadership areas.
- Serve as first point in the technical due diligence process for partners and peer review opportunities.
- Develop comment letters and positions for HFMA to add a "voice" for the profession as appropriate. Act as contact and intelligence gatherer to decision-makers (e.g., government officials, FASB/GASB members) and other healthcare associations/industry groups.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field is required. Advanced degree and/or HFMA certification is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in two of the following areas is required: financial management/healthcare facility operations particular in managed care and health plans, association operations particular for health plans and payers, government relations/operations, or federal issues.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work with internal and external customers is required.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
If interested, please send a resume to email@example.com.
Publication Date: Tuesday, November 26, 2013