Navigating and Safeguarding the 340B Federal Drug Discount Program
Date & Time
Wednesday, March 12 — 2:00 – 3:30 p.m., CST
President & CEO
Safety Net Hospitals for Pharmaceutical Access (SNHPA)
Director, Revenue Cycle Analysis
Albert Einstein Medical Center
The 340B federal drug discount program—now entering its third decade—is mission critical in enabling health systems to control costs and improve care during a time of continued reimbursement cuts. The 340B program enables hospitals and clinics nationwide to continue providing or expanding critical healthcare services such as oncology care and medication management. However, the program is under intense and persistent attack on several fronts. Powerful industry groups and influential members of Congress want to scale back hospital participation in the program and require accountability of what hospitals are doing with their 340B program savings.
In addition, the federal government and drug companies are auditing hospitals for compliance with 340B requirements—and finding compliance deficiencies—requiring corrective action, which can include repayment to manufacturers. At the same time, CFOs and other C-suite executives are now required to serve as their hospital's 340B authorizing official and personally attest that their organization complies with all 340B requirements.
After This Webinar You'll Be Able To:
- Understand current and emerging compliance requirements for 340B hospitals and health systems.
- Create and oversee a multi-disciplinary 340B team.
- Prepare for audits conducted by both drug manufacturers and the federal government.
- Develop corrective action plans to address compliance deficiencies.
- Quantify your hospital's 340B savings and be prepared for potential new reporting requirements.
- Articulate the value of 340B to your health system, the larger community and the nation.
- Participate in advocacy efforts to safeguard this vital federal program.
Tools and Takeaways
Checklist of prioritized actions
CEOs, CFOs, controllers, counsel, compliance officers, revenue cycle managers, and reimbursement specialists
Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge and Applications
Delivery Method: Group Internet
Prerequisites: Enrollment in 340B and familiarity with basic requirements of the 340B drug discount program
HFMA members: Free
CPE hours: 1.5
How Does It Work?
After you enroll in the webinar, you will receive a confirmation email. In the email, you will see a link along with the meeting code and your attendee ID number, which will give you access to download the handouts 24 hours prior to the event. The handouts will provide instructions on how to join.
Read additional information on CPE credits, our guarantee, and terms of registration.