Patient care in crisis: How to launch, code and bill telehealth services (Spring 2020 Virtual Conference On-demand)
Due to the coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis, physicians and health leaders are under tremendous pressure to meet the demands of patient care while stabilizing operational and financial health. This session will showcase a telehealth demonstration and discuss how providers can implement telehealth quickly and efficiently.
Healthcare Finance: The Big Picture
Next to national defense, the healthcare industry in the United States is one of the largest sectors of the economy. Currently making up almost 20 percent of the nation's gross domestic product, health care in the U.S. will be a significant factor in the national economy for the foreseeable future.
2020 Final Rule changes to Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) and Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASC)
The ambulatory surgery center (ASC) payment system continues to evolve with the proposed changes to the hospital payment system (OPPS) for calendar year 2020. Fnd out what changes are proposed for implementation on January 1, 2020 for ASCs and hospital outpatient services in the CY2020 final rule. Physician practice managers will want to keep a close watch on the ASC and OPPS developments as more services migrate from one setting to another. Prepare your organization now for the proposed changes.
- Latest update on CMS' pricing transparency initiatives
- 2020 OPPS changes to drugs, biological, and radiopharmaceuticals
- 2020 340B drug rules
- 2020 changes to OPPS for cancer hospitals and partial hospitalization services
- 2020 changes to OPPS packaging
- 2020 methods to control outpatient volume increases related to clinic visits
- 2020 changes for ASCs
- 2020 changes to hospital outpatient and ASC quality requirements
- Additional changes to other policy areas such as prior authorizations and laboratory date of service rules
Proposed Changes to the Physician Self-Referral (Stark) Law to Promote Value-Based Payments