In this course we will address scheduling processes, including
- Patient identification
- Requested service
- Medical necessity screening
- Medicare Advance Beneficiary Notice of Noncoverage processing
- Patient instructions
- Scheduler instructions
- Order requirements
The UB-04 Billing Form: Form Locators 1 through 41
This course explains how to complete FL 1-41 of the UB-04 billing form. This course covers the use of this form for all payers, including Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial payers. The course describes each form locator and provides detailed information about the codes needed to fill in these data areas.
We also offer The UB-04 Billing Form: Form Locators 42 through 81 here.
The UB-04 Billing Form: Form Locators 42 through 81
This course explains how to complete FL 42-81 of the UB-04 billing form. The codes needed to fill in these data areas are described. The course covers the use of this form for all payers, including Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial payers.
Estimated course completion time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
We also offer the UB-04 Billing Form: Form Locators 1 through 41 here.
2020 Final Rule changes to Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) and Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASC)
The ambulatory surgery center (ASC) payment system continues to evolve with the proposed changes to the hospital payment system (OPPS) for calendar year 2020. Fnd out what changes are proposed for implementation on January 1, 2020 for ASCs and hospital outpatient services in the CY2020 final rule. Physician practice managers will want to keep a close watch on the ASC and OPPS developments as more services migrate from one setting to another. Prepare your organization now for the proposed changes.
- Latest update on CMS' pricing transparency initiatives
- 2020 OPPS changes to drugs, biological, and radiopharmaceuticals
- 2020 340B drug rules
- 2020 changes to OPPS for cancer hospitals and partial hospitalization services
- 2020 changes to OPPS packaging
- 2020 methods to control outpatient volume increases related to clinic visits
- 2020 changes for ASCs
- 2020 changes to hospital outpatient and ASC quality requirements
- Additional changes to other policy areas such as prior authorizations and laboratory date of service rules