As recognized industry leaders, HFMA Fellows act as ambassadors to the profession by raising the standard of practice through consistent participation in professional development activities and service to the healthcare finance industry. Fellows can maintain their FHFMA designation by teaching courses, making presentations, publishing, participating in special interest groups or attending educational events. It's up to you!
Advantages of Becoming a Fellow of HFMA®
Earning the HFMA Fellowship attests to one's financial expertise and leadership. Fellowship is awarded to HFMA members who have demonstrated financial expertise and leadership through the use of personal financial knowledge and skills in voluntary community service. HFMA Fellows recognize and accept the responsibility of utilizing healthcare finance professional skills for community benefit.
Requirements for FHFMA® certification include:
- Current CHFP designation
- Five years total as a regular or advanced HFMA member (student membership does not count toward this total)
- Bachelor degree or 120 semester hours from an accredited college or university
- Volunteer activity in healthcare finance within three years of applying for the FHFMA designation, including one of the following:
- Earn the Follmer Bronze Award by earning 25 Founders points for HFMA volunteer activity
- Volunteer in your HFMA chapter and earn two Founders points for two consecutive years
- Volunteer service for two of the past three years in a healthcare industry organization
There are no fees for qualifying All-Access members to apply for Fellow status. Members who do not have All-Access membership will incur a one-time application fee of $150.
Proudly display your HFMA certification
Your certification is a designation of your achievement and professionalism. HFMA's precision-crafted frames have a stately, prestigious design providing a fitting display for this important symbol of your professional identity. Order your HFMA certification frame.
Press Release Template: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a press release template if you would like to announce your new designation in your organization’s newsletter or other media channel(s).
For more information about the HFMA Certification Programs, contact the Career Services Department at email@example.com or at (800) 252-4362 and ask for Career Services.